Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Brownies are feeding again

I went down to the Lamington stretch of the Clyde last Saturday to meet my friend Andrew Lyon who I had commissioned to do a watercolour of me fishing by the bridge.
Ater posing for the camera for about an hour, I selected the shot I liked and told him to go ahead with the painting.

                          Here I am posing,  just downstream of Wolfclyde Bridge.

He said that the painting should be ready in about a months time.
I'm looking forward to seeing it hanging on my wall.
Anyway Andy left and I tackled up to do some proper fishing.
I decided to go a little bit upstream to a spot I had caught some trout last time out.
I opted to go with the "french leader tactics" using a cast of 3 nymphs--- 2 grhs and 1ptn-- all size 12.
There was still a bit of extra flow in the river, so I pinched on some lead shot to get the flies to fish near the bottom.
Things started a bit slow and in the first couple of hours I had only managed 2 wee trout and a couple of bump-offs.
A quick move to another spot proved productive and I managed half a dozen lovely plump brownies two of which must have easily been over the pound mark.


                                               My last fish
                                              A nice end to my day on the Clyde.


No comments:

Post a Comment