Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lets have some rain

We are getting some fantastic weather up here in Scotland and its nice to have a bit of warmth for a change,rather than the cold damp and windy days we get most of the year.
But the river Clyde is very low and needs a clean out,there is a lot of weed growing in places where it used to be nice and clear,its getting that bad that fishing subsurface is near on impossible.
I fished yesterday with a team of spiders plus a nymph on the point to give my casts a bit of direction.
The nymph was just getting clogged up with weed,even the spiders had to be cleared nearly every cast.
I managed one wee brownie on the point nymph,but no takes on the spiders,so I decided to change to the dry after slogging my way down river for two hours.
Plenty of fish were rising but not for me,in fact I only managed to rise one fish to my fly in the last hour or so fishing,with no hook up.
Anyway lets hope we get some downpours soon.
The other day I went down the Clyde to test out my "new eye" after my cataract operation and so far so good, I can now see my little fly bobbing down at the far bank-great! but had a blank in the 2 hours I was there.
I did wear my shorts and plimsoles,surprisingly I didn't get bitten and it was nice and cool standing in the water but if I should decide to do it again I must sort out some suitable footwear as the plimsoles have no grip. I nearly went "ass over tit" a couple of times.
Going to give it another go tomorrow,I don't think it will be any better, but I will try.
I am missing my daughter and grandchildren,should I go back to Canada?
maybe next week?for a month? decisions-decisions.
Probably come out the pub one night,go on the comp, and book it.
I will come back in a couple of weeks when hopefully we have had some rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment