Thursday, September 15, 2011

September on the Clyde

The weather has been bad up here in Scotland,we have received the end of hurricane Katia after its 3,000 mile journey across the Atlantic it still produced 70 miles per hour winds.
Anyway today was a lovely day no winds-no rain and the river in top notch condition-a good day for fishing.
I was surprised that there wasn't more anglers around,taking advantage of the lull in the weather ( things are forecast to change tomorrow) there was a guy from Liverpool up here on a weeks holiday and I briefly saw one other chap,I don't think he staid long.
I walked downstream some 400 yards to a pool that in the past had produced fish at this time of the year.
I decided to fish 3 beaded nymphs under a braided sight indicator ( french nymphing I think its called)
Dropped a couple of grayling in the first six casts and then soon after managed to capture this small one for my photo.
Fished on at the same pool for another hour,hooking an acrobatic trout,he definitely didn't want to be caught---but here he is,not big but he was strong.
I continued fishing at different spots up to the bridge and beyond catching the odd little trout and grayling,finally calling it a day at around 5pm.
I had fished for about 6 hours, it may not have been my most productive day out.
But ,what a lovely place to be ,on a September day, on the banks of the Clyde.
I hope I have many more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment