Saturday, September 24, 2011

Getting towards the end of the trout season




I was surprised that my favourite fishing spot on the Clyde wasn't mobbed today.
We had good weather, light winds and the river was just settling down after a bit of flood.
Where were all the anglers?--perhaps down river trying to catch a salmon?
 I dint care, I nearly had the river to myself.
Saw two other anglers in the distance but never had a chance to chat to them.
The conditions were ideal for fishing the trio,the breeze was up and across stream,which made it easy to present the flies.
My resulting catch was 6 trout and one grayling.
The trout, pictured above, was round about the pound mark and it showed its acrobatic abilities before coming to the net.
I lost quite a few fish,they just "shook the hook" as they say.
I use barbless,as I don't kill any fish from the Clyde- it makes it easy to release them.
Yes-It was nice to be out on the river today..
I had a couple of days fishing on my syndicate pond last week.
It was enjoyable but catching stocked fish just seems different to me.
Nevertheless I like a nice rainbow trout for my tea and I was fortunate enough to catch a couple, which were quickly chapped.
So its nearly the end of the trout season-only a couple of weeks to go.
I am going to make the best of the time left and get down to the river as much as I can.
This has been my best year trout fishing-- mind you! Ive only been at it 3 years so there is a lot to learn.
When will I catch a "biggie?"
 Ive caught a 5lb+ brown trout from my pond.
But to get one from the Clyde would be totally different.
Maybe next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment