Monday, July 18, 2011

Back on the Clyde with my Tenkara

No wind,nice and warm,intermittent clouds and a good flow of water = ideal day for my Tenkara.
My set up was a big bright klinkhammer fly as an indicator with a pheasant tailed nymph on the dropper with another one on the point.
Starting at the bottom of the 100 yard run I fan cast my way up river.
I was soon into my first fish,a 11"grayling,which took the klinkhammer.


Soon after I caught this wee brown trout, this time on the point ptn..it gave me quite a tussle on the pole,there is a knack to landing fish on the Tenkara and I haven't quite mastered it yet.
I had two runs up the stretch which produce a further mix of about 8 fish all round the same size.
Using barbless hooks I was able to release the fish easily and all swam off strongly.
It was a good days fishing and I enjoyed it.
I hope there will be many more sessions like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment