Saturday, November 20, 2010

Back to the Clyde


It was a lovely November day,I had to take this shot

No wading today-deep water

My best grayling to date

Its been an up and down week weatherwise.One day it's wet,then another day its dry but windy and when it looks OK to go to the river its in spate and not fishable.
Anyway, there was a break in the weather,the river was on its way down, so I thought I would give it a go.
Got to Biggar around mid-day to find a few cars parked on Wolfclyde bridge.
The nice weather had brought out the anglers "Its a big river so there would be plenty of space for me" I thought. Besides it would be nice to meet fellow fisher's and have a chat.
At normal river levels you would be able to get in the water to fish,but not today.
The water was up to the grass banks and I had to be careful that they wouldn't collapse.
I had my life-jacket on but the current was very strong-I don't think it would save me.
Managed to catch one good fish,which I returned to the river and went home a very happy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment