Wednesday, February 8, 2017

2016 trout and grayling season


2016 trout and grayling seasons were a bit quiet ( for me anyway) maybe because I was away on holiday most of the time.
However I did catch a few nice fish but unfortunately I was on my own at the time, so the snaps of my catch were either on the bank or in the net.
Far better to have a picture of the angler-- with a grin on his face-- lol
proudly displaying his capture.
So I am trying to put together some shots of other anglers catches  if they are kind enough to send them to me.
I will post when I receive them.




          A nice 2lb plus wild brown trout, caught on the dry fly by my fishing chum-Hugh.




              Same angler--different fish-- (and this time with a nice smile on his face )
              A lovely grayling.




Another stunning trout taken on a wee dry fly in the summer months of 2016.
Nearly a smile from my mate Kev




There he goes again -a nice grayling later on in the year.
Probably too cold for a smile.




Finally a couple of eager beginners --they loved their first go at fly fishing.
I hope to see them again this coming season.
I bet I will.

So its mid February now and its no fishing for me until the weather warms up.
I'm getting too old for standing waste deep in a cold river, trying to catch an elusive grayling.
So the fishes will have to wait until the Spring.  







1 comment:

  1. If you have a minute, I’d really appreciate it if you took a look at Emily’s Virtual Rocket. This is a serious newsblog which has been taken from e-newspapers and e-magazines from around the world, with an emphasis on transgender issues. Also, with his election, I look for articles which critique Donald Trump.

    I hope you enjoy this. Please paste the following:

    Emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

    If you like it, please consider placing it under the Blogroll section. Generally, the Blogroll section is on the right side, but this may vary. Following the Blogroll directions provides generally good directions. Thanks!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete