Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mid April.

We had a bit of a flush out last week which gave the river a well needed refreshment.
The trout have been very active with hatches of large dark olives and march browns ( been reading up on fly life--very interesting)  around 1-00 to 3-00pm.
Plenty of rising fish but sometimes hard to tempt on the dry fly.
I had a couple the other day-no problem-hooked well in the mouth but yesterday out of the dozen or so I managed to fool into taking my fly, I only hooked one and that caught outside the mouth.
Getting more fish on the nymphs but losing a lot of them-some good ones at that.
 Still, its nice to be active with the river fishing well,I thoroughly enjoy it.
I don't seem to get very far from the bridge,its not down to laziness,I just seem to find the action there and the time soon goes by.
At the start of the season I vowed that I would get a move on up/down the river--try different spots but it never works out that way--what the hell I enjoy it.
Talking about bridges-Wolfclyde--my watercolour is ready to pick up.so I must get it framed and hang it pride of place on my living room wall. When I am too old to get out fishing I can sit back, look at it, and dream.
I am away next week to Canada via Waterford and Dublin. I have to pick up an old acquaintance and  take her over to see our daughter. I hope all goes well.
I will probably have another two or three days fishing, then get ready packing etc.
No fishy pics on this post,but a nice painting of a bridge.


                           Wolfclyde Bridge on a Spring day painted by Andrew Lyon

No comments:

Post a Comment